Plumber Job Description Sample
This plumber sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Plumber
Plumber Job Purpose:
Installs, maintains, and repairs pipes and fixtures associated with heating, cooling, water distribution, and sanitation systems in residential and commercial structures. Fixes domestic appliances, such as dishwashers and gas cookers. Inspects drainage and other plumbing systems for compliance with local and national regulations.
Plumber Job Duties:
- Interprets blueprints and building specifications to map layout for pipes, drainage systems, and other plumbing materials
- Installs pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets, for water, gas, steam, air, or other liquids
- Installs supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation
- Assembles fittings and valves for installation
- Modifies length of pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing materials as needed for a building
- Uses saws and pipe cutters as necessary
- Installs heating and air-conditioning systems, including water heaters
- Collaborates with contractors, construction workers, electricians, pipefitters, and steamfitters in installing and repairing plumbing
- Tests plumbing systems for leaks and other problems
- Analyses problem and identifies appropriate tools and materials for repair
- Chooses plumbing materials based on budget, location, and intended uses of building
- Follows health and safety standards and complies with building codes
- Writes report documenting the problem and summary of actions taken
- Performs inspections of plumbing systems to identify and replace worn parts
- Prepares bids and schedules and oversees other workers, such as apprentices and helpers
Plumber Job Skills and Qualifications:
Collaborative, Problem-Solving and Analytical Skills, Decision-Making Ability, Good Listening Skills, Strong Verbal Communication, Stress- and Time-Management Skills, Business and Accounting Skills, Customer-Service and Interpersonal Skills, Mechanical and Technical Skills, Physical Stamina and Strength, Excellent Trouble-Shooting Ability
Job Seekers: Search for Plumber Jobs and apply on Monster now.