Personal Care Assistant Job Description Sample
This personal care assistant sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Personal Care Assistant
Personal Care Assistant Job Purpose:
Assists elderly, recovering, or disabled clients with the activities of daily living. Offers support and companionship to clients. Helps clients handle day-to-day self-care, such as toileting and hygiene. Communicates with families of clients to apprise them of the client's condition and progress. Advises clients and families on nutrition, hygiene, household activities, and other appropriate areas.
Personal Care Assistant Job Duties:
- Cares for clients with physical, emotional, or cognitive (e.g., Alzheimer's) impairments
- Provides support, encouragement, and companionship by engaging clients in activities, such as playing games, visiting places, taking walks, or having conversations
- Handles household chores for clients, such as laundry, dishes, changing sheets, and other basic cleaning
- Arranges or provides transportation to appointments, supermarket, etc.
- Assists clients with household finances, such as depositing checks, paying bills, and managing money
- Speaks with family to arrange schedule and activities and stay apprised of client's well-being and needs
- Helps client with self-care, such as toileting, bathing, dressing, brushing teeth, etc.
- Assists clients with ambulation and mobility as needed, transporting from one location to another with a wheelchair or other form of support
- Engages client in muscle stretching and strengthening exercises as needed to improve range of motion
- Dispenses and administers medications as directed by medical providers and family members
Personal Care Assistant Job Skills and Qualifications:
Service Orientation, Compassion, Interpersonal Skills, Strong Verbal Communication Skills, Listening Skills, Physical Stamina and Strength, Positive Attitude, Encouraging, Trustworthy, Patient, Detail-Oriented, Helpful, Capable of Working with Minimal Supervision, Self-Motivated, Timely, Awareness of Others' Needs
Job Seekers: Search for Personal Care Assistant Jobs and apply on Monster now.