Operations Director Job Description Sample
This operations director sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and requirements.
Job Title: Operations Director
Operations Director Job Purpose:
Directs and coordinates the internal structure of an organisation based on company policies, goals, and objectives to ensure an efficient working environment and that deadlines are met consistently. An operations director may be the one to suggest and outline these goals and objectives.
Operations Director Job Duties:
- Assists upper management in setting goals that promote company growth
- Oversees daily activity of the team
- Prepares budgets, schedules, and other organisational reports as needed
- Provides advice and guidance to other employees
- Manages team workloads in order to meet goals and deadlines
- Develops plans to increase efficiency and reduce costs
- Improves existing systems and policies
- Ensures customer requirements are met in a timely manner
- Promotes and enforces safety in the workplace
- Manages stock and inventory
- Oversees manufacturing functions
- Works closely with other departments to promote efficient factory optimisation
- Identifies improvement areas and plans and implements systems to boost company effectiveness
- Manages internal and external service suppliers
- Executes plans designed to meet company goals by changing policies and coaching employees
Operations Director Skills and Qualifications:
Degree in Operations Management or Business Field Preferred; Prior Experience as Operations Director or Manager Required; Strong Organisation Skills; Excellent Communication Skills, Both Verbal and Written; Strong Problem-Solving Skills; Computer Literate; Adaptable to Change; Driven to Achieve Results; Exceptional Coaching Skills; Strong Decision Making, Action Planning, and Prioritization Skills; Ability to Work on a Team; Knowledge of Safety, Quality, and Cost Objectives; Commitment to Providing the Highest Level of Support and Quality; Ability to Demonstrate Exceptional Organisation and Planning Skills
Job Seekers: Search for Operations Director Jobs and apply on Monster now.