Marketing and Sales Job Description Sample
This marketing and sales sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Marketing and Sales
Marketing and Sales Job Purpose:
Researches and develops various marketing strategies for products and services. Implements marketing plans and works to meet sales quotas. Tracks marketing and sales data and identifies areas of improvement.
Marketing and Sales Job Duties:
- Contributes information, ideas, and research to help develop marketing strategies
- Helps to detail, design, and implement marketing plans for each product or service being offered
- Sets marketing schedules and coordinates with colleagues, sponsors, media representatives, and other professionals to implement strategies across multiple channels
- Develops sales strategies and approaches for various products and services, such as special promotions, sponsored events, etc.
- Answers questions from clients about product and service benefits
- Maintains excellent relationships with clients through superior customer service
- Tracks sales data and works to meet quotas or sales team goals
- Analyses trends, data, demographics, pricing strategies, and other information that can potentially improve marketing and sales performance
- Creates and presents regular performance reports for managers and executives
- Helps to interview, hire, manage, and direct members of the company's marketing and sales teams
- Assigns specific employees to marketing and sales projects or client accounts as needed
- Implements and adheres to company policies and procedures
- Attends trade shows and travels to meet clients as needed
Marketing and Sales Skills and Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or a Related Field, Customer Service, Client Relationships, Interpersonal Communication, Marketing Strategies, Product Development, Creativity, Financial Strategy, Data Tracking, Written and Verbal Communication, Organisation, Planning, Research and Analysis, People Management, Leadership