Managing Director Job Description Sample
This Managing Director sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Managing Director
Managing Director Job Purpose:
Oversees the activities of a company or a department. Responsible for the management of that entity's resources as well as the establishment of strategic goals and formulating plans to make sure those goals are met. This is the person who usually has the last say in an organisation.
Managing Director Job Duties:
- Directs and supervises the activities of staff
- Provides guidance for workers as needed and approves training opportunities
- Implements company policies
- Delegates duties among staff members
- Maintains budgets for managed entity as well as the individual projects it takes on
- Monitors costs against budget
- Makes key decisions for managed entity
- Researches and analyses industry, market, and competitors to make informed strategy decisions
- Creates initiatives to take advantage of market opportunities, reduce operational threats, forestall business risks, and maximises core strengths
- Identifies core competencies and defines operational goals
- Liaisons with Board of Directors to make sure all efforts are in alignment
Managing Director Skills and Qualifications:
Leadership abilities, Organisational skills, Analytical skills, Critical thinking abilities, Project management, Productivity management, Business development, Strategic thinking, Management experience is a requirement, Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree in business administration often preferred
Job Seekers: Search for Managing Director Jobs and apply on Monster now.