Logistics Job Description Sample
This Logistics sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Logistics
Logistics Job Purpose:
Business planning framework responsible for making sure products reach their destinations safely, securely, and on-time. Part of supply chain management in charge of governing transportation efforts. Includes a range of professionals from logistics coordinators to truck drivers, warehouse managers to dispatch professionals. Job duties vary by occupation and the materials or products managed.
Logistics Job Duties:
- Plan warehouses and distribution centres for efficiency in both operations and capacity
- Organise transportation activities, including storage of goods, managing information accrued from point of origin to delivery, orchestrating transportation movements, and arranging for services as necessary
- Coordinate and track movement of goods through logistic pathways
- Execute logistics plan to move products and packages to reach destinations on schedule
- Review freight rates and other transportation costs to keep working costs low
- Maintains quality throughout the logistic processes
Logistics Skills and Qualifications:
Attention to detail, Strong time management skills, Communication skills, Ability to work well with others, Organisation skills, Quality management skills, Works well with deadlines, Knowledge of logistics systems, Understanding of transportation limitations and regulations, Ability to contribute individually to greater goal, Planning skills, Understanding of transportation issues, Knowledge of logistics subset (e.g. People working in ground transportation need to have understanding of trucking and rail shipments), Experience working in logistics preferred, Bachelor’s degree required for most positions, Master’s degree preferred for management positions
Get Your Job Advert in Front of Top Logistics Candidates Today
The logistics of finding a talented professional to join your organisation start with a well-tailored job description, but you need to reach a large audience to find the right fit. Monster’s global reach can get you there. Start with a free job advert and watch the CVs roll in.