Logistics Coordinator Job Description Sample
This Logistics Coordinator sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Logistics Coordinator Job Purpose:
Works in transportation or warehousing of goods. Processes orders and oversees cycle of order fulfilment. Responsible for making sure supplies, stock, materials, packages, and/or products are processed through the delivery and/or warehouse system efficiently and safely.
Logistics Coordinator Job Duties:
- Facilitate the shipping of products from one destination to another
- Arrange transportation, schedule staff, and orchestrate deliveries to meet customer demand with little to no delay
- Receives products and coordinates delivery
- Prepares loads for shipment
- Takes steps to avoid quality control issues
- Makes sure warehouse capacity is kept at optimal levels
- Manages activities throughout the order fulfilment and transportation cycle to make sure established deadlines are met
- Oversees inventory of goods and vehicles
- Continually reviews freight costs, transportation rates, and/or the prices of raw materials to keep costs down where possible
- Streamlines shipping and transportation processes
Logistics Coordinator Skills and Qualifications:
Problem-solving skills, Decision making ability, Organisational skills, Procedural mindset, Ability to prioritise, Understanding of quality management principles, Attention to detail, Ability to analyse data and understand connections, Talent for recognising the opportunities for process improvement in those connections, Management ability, Experience in logistics management preferred, Two-year degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred, Experience often may substitute for education
Ready to let monster take your job to hard to reach talent on Facebook, Instagram, Monster and hundreds of partner sites? Post a Power Job Ad now!