Financial Accountant Job Description Sample
This financial accountant sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Financial Accountant Job Purpose:
Preparing, examining, and analysing financial reports and records. Preparing and submitting tax documents. Creating effective and cost-efficient financial practices and procedures for business clients.
Financial Accountant Job Duties:
- Examine financial records and accounting statements for individual and business clients
- Check for compliance with local, state, and federal laws in all financial documents
- Collect tax-related documents and discuss financial status with clients
- Calculate taxes owed and prepare tax returns; submit tax returns on time and track payments or refunds
- Analyse accounting systems used by businesses to look for inaccuracies and potential improvements
- Create efficient methods for accounting and financial record-keeping and help business clients to implement them
- Work with business managers to assess financial status and identify methods for cost-reduction and efficiency improvements
- Attend meetings with individual and business clients
- Present findings or suggestions both in writing and verbally
- Understand and adhere to all financial and accounting regulations and legislation
- Disclose or report financial activities to government authorities as necessary
Financial Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in accounting, finance, or a related field; certification as required by an employer or by law, such as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation; superior mathematical skills; analytical skills; advanced problem-solving skills; excellent attention to detail; computer skills; multi-tasking abilities; interpersonal skills; communication skills, both written and verbal; public speaking skills; organisation skills; time-management skills; research skills; integrity; honesty; understanding of data privacy standards; familiarity with tax laws and tax preparation methods; in-depth knowledge of financial regulations and legislation.
Job Seekers: Search for Financial Accountant Jobs and apply on Monster now.