Facilities Manager Job Description Sample
This facilities manager sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Facilities Manager
Facilities Manager Job Purpose:
Responsible for the management of a work, public, healthcare, school, or event facility, including security, maintenance, and other services. Ensuring that the needs of the organisation, employees, and/or visitors are met.
Facilities Manager Job Duties:
- Manage the overall services provided within the facility
- Create a suitable environment for the purpose and needs of the facility, such as an office building, school, or hospital
- Use best business practices to manage and reduce operation costs
- Create a budget for various facility needs and expenses
- Compare costs for various services and goods before choosing the best options for the facility
- Manage the maintenance of the building by performing repairs or contracting maintenance services as needed
- Track building upkeep as well as anticipated long- and short-term improvements and maintenance
- Keep the surrounding grounds properly cared for and landscaped
- Interview and hire certain facility employees and contractors, such as maintenance staff and janitorial services
- Handle certain administrative tasks, such as preparing reports for facility owners
- Ensure the security of the building by researching and implementing various security measures, such as surveillance cameras or security staff members
- Respond to emergency situations or other urgent issues involving the facility.
Facilities Manager Skills and Qualifications:
At least a bachelor's degree in business management, facilities management, or a related field; problem-solving and analytical skills; time-management skills; maintenance experience; familiarity with building upkeep, structural issues, and grounds maintenance; budgeting skills; interpersonal and communication skills; multi-tasking skills; organisational and planning skills; leadership skills; ability to guide and motivate employees; good physical condition; flexible scheduling.
Job Seekers: Search for Facilities Manager Jobs and apply on Monster now.