Expeditor Job Description Sample
This expeditor sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Expeditor
Expeditor Job Purpose:
Facilitating the flow of materials to and from various work sites or departments. Working with vendors to secure the appropriate goods and coordinate delivery. Responsible for inspecting materials for both quality and quantity.
Expeditor Job Duties:
- Research various vendor options and select the best options based on the employer’s needs
- Work with vendors to determine a reasonable rate and to coordinate the timing and means of delivery
- Handle any related to vendor service, such as poor product quality or delivery delays
- Find solutions to budget limitations, vendor errors, and other problems as they arise
- Work with various departments to determine the amount and type of goods required
- Keep an inventory of goods on hand
- Track orders from placement through delivery
- Inspect goods upon delivery to ensure that the standards of quality are met and the appropriate quantity has been received
- Ensure that the appropriate goods are transferred to each department in a timely manner
- Develop budgets for the goods required by each department
- Seek out ways to save money on the procurement of goods and requests budget increases as needed
Expeditor Skills and Qualifications:
At least an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business or a related field; accounting and budgeting experience; solid mathematical skills; basic computer skills; understanding of the goods being procured; some experience in a business or delivery setting; excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; good interpersonal skills for working with various departments as well as vendor representatives; excellent planning skills, organisational skills and attention to detail; problem-solving skills; good physical condition; flexible scheduling.
Job Seekers: Search for Expeditor Jobs and apply on Monster now.