Executive Director Job Description Sample
This executive director sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Executive Director
Executive Director Job Purpose:
Responsible for overall operations and strategic planning for a non-profit organisation. Leads the non-profit's staff members and volunteers and acts as a representative of the non-profit within the community and with the organisation's board of directors.
Executive Director Job Duties:
- Report to the non-profit's board of directors
- Develop a vision and strategic plan for the organisation in conjunction with the board
- Inform the board of internal and external matters affecting the organisation
- Ensure that the organisation's mission is being properly executed
- Develop and evaluate various programs
- Oversee the organisation's financial accounts and budgeting
- Weigh in on the hiring, firing and discipline of certain employees
- Lead and motivate the non-profit's staff members and volunteers
- Foster effective teamwork among employees
- Develop and support fundraising activities
- Serve as the face for the organisation in public relations matters
- Prepare official correspondence concerning the organisation, such as press releases or annual updates
- Represent the non-profit at community events and activities
- Seek to expand the non-profit's community presence and public awareness of the organisation's services and efforts
Executive Director Skills and Qualifications:
Advanced degree in a related field, such as an MBA; several years of senior management experience; proven leadership ability; strong marketing and public relations skills; familiarity with the community being served as well as the non-profit's issues and causes; communication skills, both written and verbal; interpersonal skills; entrepreneurial spirit; motivated; problem-solving skills; planning and organisational skills; creativity; budgeting experience; basic computer skills; passion for the organisation's cause; positive outlook; relationship-building skills; integrity and understanding of ethical business practices.
Job Seekers: Search for Management and Executive Jobs and apply on Monster now.