Director of Operations Job Description Sample
This Director of Operations sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Director of Operations
Director of Operations Job Purpose
Oversees departmental or company operations, ensuring all projects are completed on-time and on-budget. Communicates with clients, third-party resources, and upper management teams for most effective project completion.
Director of Operations Job Duties
- Take responsibility and initiative in smooth running of all business operations
- Create a department strategic plan which complies with and enhances the company-wide strategic plan and business plan
- Provide effective team and project management duties, including overseeing project completion timelines, monitoring project costs, and ensuring client needs are met
- Continuously reshape department best practices to provide highest client satisfaction
- Liaise with other departments, including finance and marketing, to ensure operations budgets and proper advertisements which meet department goals and attract clients
- Maintain strong relationships with any third-parties (vendors, financial institutions, suppliers) the department works with regularly to ensure smooth procurement and delivery of products and services
- Drive sales and business goals
- Provide outstanding leadership to team members, including opportunities for coaching and development, to maximise work output and work quality
- Identify patterns and problem areas, and implement effective solutions to increase efficiency
- Report regularly to Managing Director with completed on-budget and on-time projects and project outcomes
- Maintain strong relationships with clients to drive sales and network with new clients
Director of Operations Skills and Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree, 5+ Years Relevant Management and Industry Experience, Exceptional Leadership Skills, Strong Organisational Skills, Outstanding Written and Verbal Communication, Strong Client-Facing Skills, Extensive Management Experience, Team-Oriented, Project Development, Networking, Decision Making, Coaching, Motivating, Results-Oriented, Sales.
Job Seekers: Search for Director of Operations Jobs and apply on Monster now.