Desktop Support Job Description Sample
This desktop support sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Desktop Support Job Description
Desktop Support Job Purpose:
Works across a broad range of technologies and liaises across multiple areas of the business to support incidents, problems and requests. Responsible for answering IT requests via phone, email, live chat or instant message and explaining solutions in technical and nontechnical terms.
Desktop Support Job Duties:
- Build and install PCs, telephone systems, wireless networks and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, mobile/smart phones) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with department standards
- Provides advice and guidance to colleagues regarding incidents
- Maintain installed PCs, networks, telephone systems and peripherals with routine maintenance
- Identify, log and resolve technical problems with software applications or network systems
- Identify potential changes and system improvements to present to senior team leaders for consideration and implementation
- Ensure that work is carried out within agreed service levels and in accordance with department guidelines
- Create, maintain, and distribute reports of progress to senior leadership
- Migrating servers from Windows XP to Windows 7 or higher platform
- Maintain client databases with up to date solutions and clear record of activities
- Explain and document technical issues in a clear way to clients
- Use call logging system to accurately record telephone requests
Desktop Support Skills and Qualifications:
Excellent Customer Service in Face-to-Face, Telephone or Electronic Interaction with Clients, Good Language and Communications Skills, Problem-Solving, Relevant Certifications such as Microsoft/Comptia and Cisco, Good Understanding of Computer Support and Troubleshooting, Knowledge of Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OSX, Windows Server products and/or Apple Operating Systems, Ability to Work in a Team, Ability to Prioritise Projects
Job Seekers: Search for Desktop Support Jobs and apply on Monster now.