Clerk Job Description Sample
This clerk sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Clerk
Clerk Job Purpose:
Serves a supportive role in the office by performing various duties as needed. Performs routine duties that help administrators and others focus their time and energy on acquiring clients, working on company initiatives, or handling other large responsibilities. Helps keep the company organized and running smoothly.
Clerk Job Duties:
- Performs various duties depending on the specific clerk position and the tasks performed
- Files and retrieves information as needed, whether through paper files or through files stored on a computer server
- Counts and disperses money and performs basic bookkeeping
- Interacts with customers and other employees to answer questions and to help everyone stay informed about projects
- Works with bills, contracts, and invoices and makes sure people who are best qualified to discuss them receive the necessary items and materials
- Operates office machinery, such as telephones, fax machines, and photocopiers
- Opens incoming mail and sends out correspondence in the form of postal mail or email
- Makes appointments and manages calendars for the company's managers or other authority figures
- Runs errands and delivers messages within the company or occasionally outside the company
- Helps to train other clerks by providing one-on-one coaching
- Works as a member of a team and individually depending on the circumstances
- Organizes materials, such as information packets, pens, notebooks, and projectors, for internal and external meetings and presentations
Clerk Skills and Qualifications:
Postsecondary Education, Clerical Experience, Industry Experience, Ability to Learn Quickly, Excellent Oral Communication Skills, Attention to Detail, Ability to Prioritize, Strong Organizational Skills, Positive Attitude, Flexible Schedule
Job Seekers: Search for Clerk Jobs and apply on Monster now.