Chief Technology Officer Job Description Sample
This chief technology officer sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Chief Technology Officer
Chief Technology Officer Job Purpose:
Oversees all technical aspects and technological resources of an organisation for the purpose of organisational growth. Establishes a technological vision for an organisation and leads the company's technological development.
Chief Technology Officer Job Duties:
- Works with other departments to use new technologies to streamline company policies and rules
- Conducts research to improve the technological assets of a company
- Oversees IT budgets to make sure there are no unnecessary expenditures
- Develops and directs all networking safeguards to reduce the risk of outside breaches and protect sensitive internal and external client information
- Develops and implements all internal communication systems, such as email and instant messaging
- Plans and implements proper Internet usage policies for employees
- Evaluates new technology and makes recommendations on technological solutions
- Uses technological assets to help ease use for employees and clients
- Manages any digital media assets
- Consistently evaluates technical efficiency and makes changes as necessary
- Makes presentations to board of directors and chief executive officer
- Develops and enhances a company's website to increase site traffic
- Identifies competitive advantages and technological trends for the benefit of a company
- Directs the development and possible implementation of policies in instances of a breach, also known as disaster recovery plans
Chief Technology Officer Skills and Qualifications:
Advanced IT Knowledge, Critical Thinking, Interpersonal Skills, Motivator, Technological Analysis, Website Development, Research, Business, Computational Skills, Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills, Public Speaking, Presentations, Team Building, Industry Knowledge, IT Terminology, Computer Network Development and Maintenance, Client Management
Job Seekers: Search for Chief Technology Officer Jobs and apply on Monster now.