Chief Operating Officer Job Description Sample
This chief operating officer sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Chief Operating Officer Job Purpose:
Plans, directs, and oversees a company's operational policies, rules, initiatives, and goals. Helps organisation execute long-term and short-term plans and directives by implementing judgement, vision, management, and leadership.
Chief Operating Officer Job Duties:
- Measures effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and finds ways to improve processes
- Develops and implements growth strategies
- Acts as a liaison between company and client for quality assurance
- Raises capital through banks or outside investors to help foster growth or obtain sales goals
- Provides mentoring to all employees, including management
- Motivates staff to meet or surpass organisational and sales goals
- Coordinates with human resources department to recruit skilled talent and keep the best employees
- Oversees daily operations and makes adjustments as necessary
- Presents new ideas and cash flow strategies to board of directors and other company officers
- Directs acquisitions and sales of assets to meet organisation goals
- Evaluates newly implemented sales plans
- Provides a system for employee salaries and benefits, and makes sure employees feel valued
- Promotes communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and to curb any problems that arise
Chief Operating Officer Skills and Qualifications:
Computational Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Legal Compliance, Customer Service, Financial Analysis, Certification, Logistics Knowledge, Industry Knowledge, Accounting Knowledge, IT Knowledge, Public Speaking, Problem Solving, Plan Implementation, Critical Thinking, Presentation Skills, Motivational Knowledge, Product Knowledge, Leadership, Time Management, Crisis Management, Risk Management, Exceptional Oral and Written Communication Skills, Budgeting and Sales Experience, Strategic Planning, Business Development
Job Seekers: Search for Chief Operating Officer Jobs and apply on Monster now.