Chief of Staff Job Description Sample
This chief of staff sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff Job Purpose
Plays a key role in the company. Manages other staff members. Serves as confidante and right hand for the chief executive officer and assists other executive board members in various ways. Supports the company's functions according to circumstances and needs.
Chief of Staff Job Duties
- Has a flexible and is willing to perform varying duties depending on the shifting needs of the company and its staff members
- Participates in program management, which involves duties on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Within program management, organises and gathers information from various departments and meetings and reports that information, along with recommendations, to executive members
- Participates in strategic initiatives by leading them and reporting results back to the chief executive officer
- Within strategic initiatives, demonstrates flexibility because some initiatives may not fit neatly into one of the company's departments
- Helps members of the executive support staff to perform their duties to the best of their ability
- Provides training and coaching for other staff members
- Carries out other duties as necessary, which may include simple tasks such as filing and making phone calls
- Organises a calendar and keeps track of multiple projects at the same time
- Keeps up with industry trends by reading literature and communicating with peers
- Acts as a representative of the chief executive officer
Chief of Staff Skills and Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree or Higher, Industry Experience, Leadership Skills and Experience, Management Skills and Experience, Strong Organisational Skills, Excellent Oral Communication, Excellent Written Communication, Presentation Skills, Teaching Skills, Extensive Company Knowledge
Job Seekers: Search for Chief of Staff Jobs and apply on Monster now.