Chief Financial Officer Job Description Sample
This Chief Financial Officer sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: CFO
CFO Job Purpose
Oversees a company's financial, administrative, and risk management factors as the chief financial officer. Works alongside other members of the executive management team to determine an overall direction for the company. Keeps close watch on the company's budget and expenses, and investigates to get to the root of any discrepancies. Reviews detailed financial reports and makes recommendations based on them. Makes sure that the company has adequate insurance coverage.
CFO Job Duties
- Develops tax and financial strategies
- Oversees budgeting processes
- Develops and analyses metrics that showcase the company's performance
- Works with multiple departments, such as accounting, human resources, treasury, tax, and legal departments
- Maintains relationships with key members of each team within the company
- Examines employee benefits packages and looks for cost-effective benefits solutions
- Communicate with third parties that perform outsourced company functions
- Reviews and approves certain forms, such as 8-Ks, 10-Ks, and 10-Qs
- Makes reports that deal with potential risks and solutions as well as the company's overall financial state and presents those reports to the executive board
- Analyses and makes investments to ensure the company has a robust and profitable portfolio
- Ensures the company remains in line with local, state, and federal tax regulations
- Looks at insurance options and chooses the ones that are best for the company
CFO Skills and Qualifications
Master's Degree or MBA, 5-10 Years of Management Experience, Strong Interpersonal Skills, Strong Written Communication Skills, Strong Oral Communication Skills, Relationship Building, Adaptability, Detail Oriented, Willingness to Travel, Multitasking, Strong Focus, Accounting Knowledge, Industry Experience, Integrity, Punctuality
Job Seekers: Search for Chief Financial Officer Jobs and apply on Monster now.