Architect Job Description Sample
This Architect sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Architect
Architect Job Purpose:
Designing new buildings, alterations, extensions, or restoration projects. Working with clients to ensure their designs are functional and within budgetary restraints.
Architect Job Duties:
- Meeting with clients to discuss project objectives, needs, and budget
- Preparing and presenting design proposals, including detailed drawings of finished buildings, renovations, or restorations
- Meeting with construction professionals and clients to discuss feasibility of designs
- Reviewing local rules and regulations to ensure the construction project falls within all constraints
- Creating detailed drawings and specifications for architectural projects
- Specifying the materials needed for construction of projects
- Working with computer-aided design software to create blueprints and images
- Working with contractors, surveyors, and building service engineers to create a construction schedule and bring the designs to fruition
- Coordinating work between various contractors
- Supervising construction of buildings to ensure projects meet deadlines, stay on budget, and adhere to the original vision for the design
- Visiting proposed locations and building sites
- Resolving issues that come up during construction
- Participating in project management throughout the construction
Architect Skills and Qualifications:
Outstanding Visualisation Skills; Understanding of Construction Technologies; Visual Communication Skills; Attention to Detail; Drawing Skills; Ability to Work With Three-Dimensional Designs; Inventiveness; Interest in People and the Environment; Knowledge of Building Codes; Registration with the Architect's Registration Board; Minimum of Seven Years Combined Study and Practical Experience; Written and Oral Communication Skills; High Levels of Creativity; Ability to Work Well Under Pressure; Willingness to Work Long Hours; Analytical Mind; Problem Solving Skills; Strong Leadership Skills; Ability to Work Well on a Team; Project Management Skills
Job Seekers: Search for Architect Jobs and apply on Monster now.