Accounts Payable Clerk Job Description Sample
This Accounts Payable Clerk sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk Job Purpose:
Works with making sure a company pays its bills. Processes invoices received and applies them to the right projects, departments, and people. Receives bills, acknowledges the terms of the invoices, and relays that information to Accounts Payable managers. Issue payments in accordance with the payment cycles directed and help administer payroll in many cases.
Accounts Payable Clerk Job Duties:
- Receive and record invoices from suppliers
- Obtain receipts or other verification when accounts were paid
- Process the invoices and attach that information to the relative project or department for job costing and financial statement purposes
- Match and file invoices with their matching receipts
- Record and compare invoices received with estimates and/or forecasts
- Make sure invoices are approved in time to meet established payment cycle
- Remit payments on invoices as directed by Accounts Payable management
- Work in accordance with the payment process outlined by the Accounts Payable manager
- Prepare and administer payroll as directed by Accounts Payable management
Accounts Payable Clerk Skills and Qualifications:
Experience in accounts payable, Attention to detail, Understanding of basic bookkeeping, Knowledge of accounts payable principles, Ability to comprehend and manage financial records, Data entry skills, Talent for numerical coding, Enough understanding of accounting concepts to properly code expenses, Organisational skills, Communication skills, Proficiency with accounting software as well as payroll and accounts payable software, Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration preferred.
Job Seekers: Search for Accounts Payable Jobs and apply on Monster now.