Accounting Manager Job Description Sample
This Accounting Manager sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Accounting Manager Job Purpose:
Oversees, supervises, and evaluates the operations of the Accounting Department. This involves direct oversight and management of a company's accountants as well as accounting support staff, including accounting assistants, accounting clerks, bookkeepers, and clerical aids. Set up the financial systems a company will use and see them implemented. Verify the accounting information collected, analyse that information from the top down, and offer the last verification on financial data.
Accounting Manager Job Duties:
- Oversee the operations of the Accounting Department
- Supervise Account Department staff, including Accountants, Accounting Assistants, Accounting Clerks, and Bookkeepers
- Establish accounting systems and enforce polices and procedures
- Evaluate accounting software on company needs
- Process company financial data and run last reconciliations
- Provide upper level strategic analysis on company financials
- Develop forecasts and scenario planning
- Produce financial statements and reports
- Coordinate efforts across departments to amass accounting information
- Assign projects between accounting staff members
- Maintain chain of command throughout department
- Set schedule for accounting department projects
- Ensure accuracy throughout the financial record
Accounting Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Experience as Accounting Manager, Knowledge of different accounting best practices, Knowledge of corporate finance principles, Analytical thinking, Critical thinking, Experience using different accounting software and methods, Knowledge of accounting laws, standards, regulations, and practices, Experience in forecast development, scenario modelling, and strategic analysis, Attention to detail, Analytical skills, Prioritisation skills, Management experience required, Organisational skills, Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required, CPA preferred
Job Seekers: Search for Accounting Manager Jobs and apply on Monster now.