Accounting Clerk Job Description Sample
This Accounting Clerk sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Accounting Clerk
Accounting Clerk Job Purpose:
Responsible for the entering and accuracy of a company's financial records. Creates transactions in the company ledger and make entries into the company's accounting software. Responsible for company record keeping. Have a firm understanding of accounting terminology and processes as well as a strong attention to detail. Help accountants directly.
Accounting Clerk Job Duties:
- Assists accountants and accounting managers in handling the accounting department's work flow
- Prepares accounting reports and track accounts payable
- Assembles deposits and keep accurate records relating to accounts receivable
- Makes ledger entries and ensure accuracy of all transactions
- Reconciles accounts and balance company financials
- Researches and corrects entries as necessary
- Compiles reports relating to activity areas, project costing, department expenditures, and company profitability
- Records transactions so that they can be consolidated and analysed by accountants
- Brings books to trial balance stage in preparation for the accountant to create financial statements
Accounting Clerk Skills and Qualifications:
Knowledge of different accounting systems, Experience with bookkeeping, Attention to detail, Strong analytical skills, Knowledge of accounting terminology, Experience with pertinent different filing systems, Ability to keep various accounts straight and organised by project or personnel, Understanding of what information accountants need in order to do their jobs, Mathematical skills, Administrative skills, Organisational skills, Knowledge of accounting rules and legislation, Communication skills, Typing skills, Prioritisation skills, Data entry, Training in accounting software, High school degree required, Two-year degree in accounting, bookkeeping, or related field
Job Seekers: Search for Accounting Clerk Jobs and apply on Monster now.