Accountants Job Description Sample
This Accountants sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Accountants
Accountants Job Purpose:
Accountants prepare, manage, and compute information on the quantitative performance of a company. They are in charge of coding all information about a company's financial transactions and auditing those entries. The resulting collection is then closed at the end of the period and financial statements readied. Accountants report that information complies with necessary legislation and regulation. Management may call upon accountants, either those employed with the company, hired independently or both, to give strategic guidance based on company financials, forecasts, and the strategic decisions' impact on company taxes. Accountants may prepare forecasts for several different scenarios, help evaluate individual projects, and provide long-term, continuity planning on an as needed basis.
Accountants Job Duties:
- Oversee financial operations based on established accounting principles for the city, county, state, and country
- Ensures company complies with all relative financial regulations and legislation
- Prepares company budget
- Develops company and department forecasts on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Compiles financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements
- Closes books at month, quarter, and year-end
- Creates financial reports for management
- Audits financial records
- Prepares accounting records for tax purposes
- Retains information and keeps it confidential
- Provides advice and counsel based on financial information
Accountants Skills and Qualifications:
Experience in Accounting, Bookkeeping, or Related Field; Knowledge of Accounting Regulations and Legislation; Experience Using Accounting Software; Attention to Detail; Knowledge of Corporate Finance Principles; Analytical Thinking; Critical Thinking; Experience in Bookkeeping; Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Related Field Required; CPA Preferred.
Job Seekers: Search for Accountants Jobs and apply on Monster now.