Account Manager Job Description Sample
This Account Manager sample job description can be used to help you create a job advert that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Account Manager
Account Manager Job Purpose:
The Account Manager is the person in charge of managing a company's relationships with its customers. They are in charge of building long-term relationships with a group of customers and generally stay with customers for the length of their relationship with the company. The goal is to keep clients or accounts as long as possible. Account managers may be in charge of finding new business, be assigned prospects, given accounts, or a combination thereof. Tasks may involve project management, strategic planning, sales support, product design, service application, logistics, and marketing.
Account Manager Job Duties:
- Generate sales among client accounts, including upsetting and cross-selling
- Operates as the point of contact for assigned customers
- Develops and maintains long-term relationships with accounts
- Makes sure clients receive requested products and services in a timely fashion
- Communicates client needs and demands to employer company
- Forecasts and tracks client account metrics
- Manage projects within client relationships, working to carry out client goals while meeting company goals
- Identifies opportunities to grow business with existing clients
- Coordinate with staff members working on the same account to ensure consistent service
- Collaborates with sales team to reach prospective clients
- Service multiple clients concurrently, often meeting deadlines
- Keep records of client transactions
Account Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Account Management Experience, Client-Focused Solutions Experience, Project Management Skills, Ability to Communicate Client Needs with Staff, Talent for Influencing Client Management, Ability to Manage Multiple Projects and Relationships Simultaneously, Negotiation Skills, Listening Skills, Communication Skills, Presentation Skills, Time Management Skills, BA/BS Degree
Take Account of Your Needs and Find the Best With Monster
Finding the right professional to maintain positive relationships with your valued customers is absolutely critical to your company’s success. A well-written account manager job description will help you realise that goal. You also need access to top talent. Let the best and brightest know you’re hiring with a free job posting from Monster.